Director of Sales and Marketing
Join our team!
Director of Sales and Marketing
The Director of Sales and Marketing (DSM) reports to the president and is responsible for driving sales by effectively leading, and developing, while strategically growing the team to exceed sales objectives across current and expanding territories. This role will also be expected to leverage our social media platforms to gain visibility, market share and attract top candidates. The DSM will also play a big part in the development of an Ecommerce platform, allowing us to increase sales, visibility, and brand awareness.
Privately owned and operated out of London, Ontario with locations in Niagara and now Kitchener/Waterloo! Blue Jay is a full-service Irrigation company installing both irrigation and landscape lighting. Our knowledgeable service team is committed to installing top quality products, using the latest technology. Our commitment to quality has allowed us to professionally service thousands of residential and commercial properties in Southwestern Ontario for 40 years!
CORE VALUES: *Customers First *Humbly Confident *Integrity *Respect *Persistence
What We Offer
- Monday to Friday with flexible hours and the possibility of working from home.
- 2-week company shut down at Christmas!
- Full Benefit plan including health, dental and an Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP matching, DPSP, Guided financial planning
- Strong annual bonus and company vehicle, Blue Jay Points Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Development Book Club
- Employee social events throughout the year including a company breakfast, golf tournament, and family days
- Ability to build a high performing sales team focused on growth, customer experience, and brand recognition
- Ownership of entire sales channel from sales staff to pipeline forecasting/management
- Participate in Senior Leadership Team meetings, responsible to help guide business decisions
- Develop, train for and track sales team KPIs, success metrics and trends
- Investigate revenue leaks and business process inefficiencies and determine ways to correct
- Develop strong relationships with key contacts, customers, and stakeholders
- Seek out and develop strong relationships with local builders, developers, realtors, and other professionals within the industry
- Prepare ROI analysis, and market research analysis to help guide business decisions
- Develop annual sales budgets and projections
- Explore new and emerging sales opportunities during off-season slow periods
- Develop, implement, and manage an e-commerce sales platform for parts supply and online sales
- Introduce automation and efficient workflow processes to sales and marketing business units
- Oversee all digital content including social media, monthly newsletters, email campaigns, brochures, advertisements, and press releases regarding product/service launches, events, awards, etc.
- Manage Marketing Initiatives and strategies to build brand recognition and engagement
- Manage 3rd-party marketing company, overseeing relationship, deliverables, timelines, updates, etc.
- Oversee traditional and digital advertising campaigns, sponsorship opportunities and strategic relationships
- Conduct market research
- Monitor and manage and engage all online review systems
- Utilize google analytics, local ad services and SEO to optimize visibility
- Develop a lead generation program
- Manage the official Blue Jay Irrigation YouTube Channel, building content and engaging viewers
- Create a digital, traditional, and guerrilla marketing strategy to Identify and target B2B and B2C customers
- Explore and develop new digital marketing opportunities (Web ads, podcast, tiktok, etc.)
- Market the Blue Jay Irrigation lifestyle through digital content, with a focus on recruiting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years of experience in a position overseeing the general sales operations of a 2 million dollar or larger company with hands on management and strong sales growth.
- Classically trained in sales and marketing. Degree or diploma an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in business considered an asset
- Certified Irrigation Designer and/or Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor designation from the Irrigation Association must be obtained
- Experience with computer scheduling and CRM software
- Strong communication and team building skills across all lines of the organization
- Knowledge of successful negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to build relationships and trust, knowing who to connect with at each organization
- Strong problem resolution skills and ability to deal effectively with uncertainty
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Action and Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Critical thinker who can see opportunities for process improvement and streamlining
- Experience leveraging social media, for sales and marketing
- Ability to perform at a director level with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs and other presentation tools
- Fluent English required (spoken & written)
- We promote a work life balance, but this role will require some early morning, later evenings, and weekend hours.
- Willingness to work in the office and on the road, supporting each of Blue Jays locations
- Valid driver’s license is required, Limited travel, a vehicle will be provided
Supervises: Sales Representatives, Sales Coordinator, Accounts Managers, Retail/Warehouse Coordinator,
E-commerce, and Designer, the third-party Marketing Vendor.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
Our mission is to build a reputation that is built on customer satisfaction, a commitment to using high-quality products and a focus on environmental stewardship.
We want you to thrive
Winter's Off with
$15.00 - $25.00